Lifting Up the Chapman Family
"I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me." (Romans 15:30)
Last Tuesday, Maria Sue Chapman, adopted and youngest daughter of Steven Curtis & Mary Beth Chapman, was killed in a tragic accident in the family driveway. Such an amazing outpouring of love and compassion followed, and the Chapmans have so much appreciated the many prayers and words of comfort that have been offered. They very firmly believe that it is only because of the grace of God and the many, many prayers of His people that they are able to stand at all today in the hope of Christ.
It is a long road ahead for them, so please continue to lift them up, specifically praying for:
- The Chapman family as they seek God for wisdom concerning the timeliness of returning to their home from their friend's house, and slowly re-engaging back into life-
Wisdom and discernment for those around them seeking to love, comfort, counsel, and encourage the family and friends affected by this tragedy, that they would know how, when, where, and what to share-
Steven and his community to be good stewards of honoring God in this process, and that they will be message carriers for the good news of the gospel and the hope we have in Christ-
All those surrounding the Chapmans who are being attacked on different fronts, that they might be able to take up the shield of faith and extinguish the fiery darts of the evil one, that they might be filled to overflowing with Christ Himself
* We welcome you passing this along to others to pray, encouraging them to sign up for weekly orphan prayer updates.*
Any updates or information we get, we will post here >
* If you’d like to meet Maria and express your condolences click here >
* In lieu of flowers, the Chapmans request any gifts be directed to Shaohannah’s Hope.
Donate here at showhope.org/maria >
Thank you again for your prayers and support,Shaohannah's Hope "Prayer does not equip us for greater works— prayer is the greater work." - Oswald Chambers
» Forward to a Friend
Whats in my ipod......
- ► 2009 (39)
- I would love to win this contest
- Honors Night
- Walking field trip
- Aaron's Last band banquet
- We are the Champions Again
- Show Hope - join the movement- make a difference
- Any of my local friends up for this?
- Stephen Curtis Chapman
- Aarons Last Band concert
- Relay for Life 2008
- Win a grill
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Micah's field day!
- Veggie Tales
- Mother's Day 2008
- Tackle It Tuesday
- Here’s the Bonus Question for this week: What is...
- 400 FREE prints, YES! I said FREE!
- Art Fair
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2007 (108)