Mabey Memories

.
The desire of my heart is to become the person God dreams of and share those dreams with others; to unleash personal and corporate creativiy within the church, overflowing it with passion and freedom while searching for the face and character of God.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Nah.1:12

"Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more."

There is a limit to affliction. God sends it, and removes it.

I sigh and say "when will the end be?"

Let me quietly wait and patiently endure the will of the Lord till he comes.....

My father takes away the rod when HIS design in using it is fully served..... If the aflliction is sent for testing that my graces may glorify God, it will end when the Lord has made me bear witness to HIS praise. I would not wish the affliction to depart until GOD has gotten out of me all the honor which I can possibly yield him.
There may be today a great calm, who knows how soon these raging billows will give place to a sea of glass and the sea birds sit on the gentle waves?
It is not hard for the Lord to turn night into day. He that sends the clouds can easily clear the skies. Trial IS only for a season....(right?) trial is for a purpose, "if need be."

The very fact of trial proves there is something in us very precious to our LORD; else he would not spend so much time on us.....


Matt's dad had a massive stroke on Wednesday morning sometime.....he is in a Binghamton, NY hospital. He is currently paralyzed on his left side. Today he looks better and when they brought him out of the induced coma to test his brain activity; when asked for a thumbs up he gave it! His body is fighting an infection but he is receiving antibiotics and responding well. The Dr's will keep him in the coma but bring him out slowly so as not to cause any more damage to the blood vessels in the brain and are encouraged by Dave's progress so far. Matt is thinking he will leave NY Sunday and his sister Ruthie and her husband John will arrive and stay with Ellen. Please keep all those traveling in your prayers the next few days and weeks.

I am holding on to; if only by my pinky fingers ;to the words , The showers soon pass. Weeping may tarry only for a few hours (although it has already been months) it must be gone by daybreak. Our light affliction is but for a moment.

No comments:

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

CWO

Romeo Weather