Mabey Memories

.
The desire of my heart is to become the person God dreams of and share those dreams with others; to unleash personal and corporate creativiy within the church, overflowing it with passion and freedom while searching for the face and character of God.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Fantastic Friday


My Uncle Kevin is a pilot and every few months he flies into Flint, Michigan ( about an hour northwest of Washington). Yesterday was one of those days. I was schedualed to go on a feild trip with Micah to the Instuctioanl rescource center of Utica schools, or the IRC for short. After confirming with Micahs teacher that there was plenty of help for the morning (an I do not miss field trips)I headed north to the Holiday Inn Gateway center to have breakfast with my Uncle Kevin. It is always a blessing to me.... you see living in Michigan in the winter is often like living in the Tundra, it is cold and windy and the sun does not shine for days at a time, so far this year 29 to be exact, family does not often come to visit for fear of getting stuck longer than intended, and you just do not see or visit people as often in the winter as you do the rest of the year. Kevin's visit for me was truly a blessing. We had a chance to catch up with each other and our families, he has four as well,I filled him in on what is happening in the life of the Mabeys and he asured me there are churches in Richmond, Virginia looking for great pastors (He lives in The Richmond, VA area as well as his brother, my Uncle Kieth) We talked some Steelers for a bit too, then as quick as it started it was over for he had to catch his shuttle back to the airport for another flight.

Later that night Sandra Mcleod picked me up and we headed to Burville, Mi for a Pampered Chef party hosted by Jolene Smith with Monica Rogers has the consultant, pampered chef parties are always good friends, good fellowship and good food! Friday was no exception! I am looking forward to recieving my new stoneware fluted pan and striped bowl. Maybe I will host a party too!

No comments:

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

CWO

Romeo Weather