Mabey Memories

.
The desire of my heart is to become the person God dreams of and share those dreams with others; to unleash personal and corporate creativiy within the church, overflowing it with passion and freedom while searching for the face and character of God.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Hondorus

This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24

I heard the voice of the Lord say, "who shall i send?: and I said "here am i, send me! " Isaiah 6:8

In 2007 I had the opportunity to go to Panama on a short term mission trip with my oldest son Zach- our team treated 4500 people in 10 days. This year i have the opportunity go to Honduras November 9-16, 2008 to work with the Honduran/ African people of Sambo Creek.

I need to raise $1300.00 dollars rather quickly! this fee will include airfare, food, lodging , transportation, gas and taxes for my trip.

In exodus 17, when it came time for Moses to strike the rock in the desert to get water for the thirsty Israelites, his part was very small. The main thing was what God was doing in the heart of the earth to provide a bountiful river of water.

BUT the two worked together; moses before the people; God in the hidden depths of the earth.
There are always 2 agents in every fruitful work; willing workers and a faithful God.
The human part is to do whatever God has asked us to do- strike the rock! God's work is to make the water flow.

I am anxious about the amount of money in a short period time, times are tough for every one right now but I am striking the rock!

If you can help financially please make check out to CWC ( Community Wesleyan Church) and send them to me at

Joelle Mabey
76976 Mary Grace, Romeo Mi 48065

in the memo you can write Joelle/Honduras and you can receive a tax credit.

If you can not help financially but you can pray please pray!

1. for life change
2. growth
3. my family as I will be away (yes by myself, well with a team but not my family)
4. the Sambo creek people will be willing and ready to accept spiritual and medical help
5. safe travels
6. Dr. and Mrs Lei our fearless leaders
7. our team which will be convening from all over the country

No comments:

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

CWO

Romeo Weather